A suitable candidate has at least 5 years experience as Business Control Officer or in a comparable function. You work proactively with management and COO departments to provide hands-on support in managing budget/spend, quality, risks and in identifying control weaknesses and in implementing new controls. You are a trusted advisor to team manager and senior management level. You can work in a small team where knowledge sharing and supporting colleague Business Control Officer is very important. You can also work independently.
- Coordination of COO budget cycle to safeguard the consistency of the set-up of the COO budget cycle and to ease the financial reporting about costs. Report to MT COO on monthly costs as well as FTE development, in close cooperation with Business Control and Finance. Including trends and forecasting. Furthermore, the monitoring of existence of Business Cases and the realization of it.
- Coordination within the COO domain of ISAE and Sox Management Testing to assure timely, adequate, and objective testing. Perform objective management testing (independent from the line organization) to ensure consistent and auditable testing throughout the COO domain. Advice on controls improvement.
- Advise MT COO on use of frameworks within IT, about IT maturity in general and (maturity) improvement programs (if any). Execute maturity assessment and advice on frameworks like Agile and DevOps, on IT maturity (Cobit and other maturity frameworks) and measures of improvement, monitor effectiveness of improvements programs (if any). Collect and share best practices and lessons learned to shorten learning curve of others.
- Partner with team leads of COO departments in analyzing and understanding where risk and control weaknesses arise. Provide process design knowledge, reporting to responsible team lead. Participate in risk assessments and gap analyses activities with regards to the implementation of new control standards and/or new tooling and processes. Assist control owners in implementing solutions and controls that close and minimize any identified control weaknesses and gaps.
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor+ or Master's degree education and work level.
- >5 years experience in a similar role/function. Advanced level professional providing professional.
- Exercises judgment in the evaluation and adaptation of techniques and procedures.
- Uses in-depth professional knowledge to develop models and procedures, and monitor trends, within above task areas.
- Advanced level professional providing professional input to complex assignments/projects and providing direction to other professionals.
- Advanced knowledge in a above tasks and broad knowledge of related disciplines.
- Use of broad theoretical knowledge and advanced knowledge in above areas and their interrelationships.
- Proficient in the Dutch as well as English language (written and spoken).
- You are positive, accurate and flexible, have an analytical mindset and problem-solving aptitude.
- Experience in stakeholder management at different levels.
- You have a 'can do' mentality and are eager to contribute to be in-control as domain.