The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) reports to the company President and is a key member of the senior leadership team who must be willing to challenge the status quo while championing the strategic direction of the company. The chosen candidate understands the importance of culture, brand and market strategy, and has strong emotional intelligence. The CFO provides leadership for development, implementation, & evaluation of policies and procedures, strategies and performance of the financial functions. Willing to embrace business insights and follow the key drivers of business, the CFO serves as a strategic advisor across the company.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acts as a key finance/accounting leader and member of the Senior Leadership team with a strategic mindset that anticipates and plans for the future.
- Acts as both leader and collaborator with the capacity to bring together cross-function leaders in a way that fosters collaboration and innovation.
- Responsible for the financial management of both long and short-range planning while building scalable systems and processes.
- Handles responsibility for management oversight of treasury, accounting, budgeting, premium audit, agency bill and accounts receivables teams and deliverables.
- Provides financial reporting and forecasting that ensures the company's financial viability.
- Ensures appropriate reimbursement and maintaining of internal controls, ensuring a successful audit.
- Understands in-depth the market opportunity, strategy and business model while providing a unique perspective across all departments.
- Monitors financial status of the organization working with the CEO on strategic direction.
- Provides and executes on data, information and insights.
- Understands performance trends and develops and implements strategies that optimize the opportunities.
- Works with the president to achieve better results with a focus on accelerating speed of execution and delivering intended outcomes while driving out cost.
- Leads the finance team, setting clear goals and expectations to achieve optimal performance.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Well-qualified executive with 8-10 years of experience serving as a strategic finance and accounting leader ideally in the Property and Casualty insurance industries.
- A strong exposure to both the finance and accounting sides of the insurance business preferred.
- Possesses personal qualities of integrity, humility, credibility, and a commitment to the overall corporate mission.
- Strategic minded combined with analytically proficient, with ability to understand all aspects of the business and drive strategy.
- Proven business acumen and clear comprehension of the legal, regulatory and financial elements of the business. Extensive knowledge of industry practices, trends and issues.
- Agile and decisive; can work with an ambiguous, fast-moving environment while also leading to clarity and solutions; adapts quickly and effectively to change.
- Well-versed in presentations, accustomed to addressing agents, vendors, partners, and shareholders.
- Ability to influence and persuade through advanced written and verbal communication skills.
If you poses the above and would like to be considered for the role then please apply using the prompts provided. Alternatively please email your application directly to Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that candidates who exhibit the above skills and key requirements will be considered.