An excellent opportunity for a qualified non-life actuary to join a commercially driven and extremely successful, global re-insurer, who pride themselves on ensuring their team has a defined and achievable career path, alongside a strong focus on work-life balance...
European Group Non-Life Actuary
Oliver James is representing our global reinsurance client in their search to appoint a Group Actuary As part of the Group team within the Non-Life Group Actuarial Function the job holder will support the Solvency II quarterly process ensuring deadlines are met in a timely manner for the groups European Legal Entities.
Key aspects to the role:
- Support the calculation of the Claims and Premium provision for both legal entities;
- Support the reporting process and the QRTs production;
- Support the production of the Non-Life Underwriting Risk SCR;
- Enhance the current process focusing on automatization;
- Support the Head of Actuarial function in the production of the ARTP and the Underwriting, Retrocession and ORSA Opinions;
- As part of the second line of defense support the peer review of the work done by the first line team taking part in meeting with finance, pricing, underwriting, and claims;
- Support internal and external audit activities;
- Maintain and enhance the documentation of processes, procedures, internal policies, and methodologies;
- Improving current data governance enhancing the data quality process and framework;
- Last but not least the job holder will also participate in selected international projects led by Group.
The ideal candidate:
As a Group Actuary in the Non-Life Group Actuarial Function team your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Ideal candidate will have the Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries (FIA), Associate or Fellow of the Casualty Actuary Society (ACAS/FCAS), Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (ASA/FSA) designation or equivalent designations recognized by the Central bank of Ireland (CBI)
- At least 2 years post qualification experience in non-life insurance or reinsurance with a preference for candidates with a detailed technical knowledge of reserving and Solvency II;
- Effective communication skills and proficiency in English;
- Ability to work under pressure within prescribed deadlines;
- High motivation, team-orientation, and adaptability;
- Strong programming (i.e. VBA, R, Python) and data management skills including the ability to make the best use of most recent technologies (i.e. Power Pivot & Power BI) to improve reporting automatization;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to develop and translate new ideas into effective business solutions;
Our client offers a strongly defined and achievable career path, an international environment, where you will be challenged, can learn from Senior Specialists, and are exposed to multiple sections of their business. Alongside a flexible working pattern, with a strong base salary and benefits structure.
For more information apply via the link.