We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure professional with a cloud focus, to join a reputable and global company going through a large transformation programme.
Due to continued success (even during the last year) this business is investing a lot in their technology function and are looking for someone to lead their cloud journey (Azure). As their Cloud Lead you would establish standards, design solutions and define the business's road map moving forward.
Currently in a hybrid on-prem / Azure model, you will help them grow to become a cloud first business.
They are looking for someone who has the drive and attitude to help promote & push a cloud first mindset across the business. You may not be a cloud lead / expert yet - you just need to have a good foundation with Azure and want to head in that direction
Skills & Experience:
- Ensure BAU activities are maintained to the highest standards
- Design practical, scalable & secure infrastructure solutions that will maximise the sharing of applications, information & resources across the companies global estate
- Evaluate, Test, implement & recommend specific solutions in conjunction with the Technical Architects. Making recommendations based on future business needs
- Promote collaboration both internally & externally
- Uphold security & compliance to client and internal led standards
- Provide on-going information to peers, leadership and customers regarding the environment, technology innovations and industry best practice
Skills & Experience (some of the below)
- Strong all rounded infrastructure background with a good level of working experience with Azure
- Good experience with Azure Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF) landing zones
- Knowledge of SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, IaC (ARM Templates)
- Knowledge of PowerShell and Azure Command Line Interface
- Experience migrating on-premise environments to the cloud
- Experience with security & disaster recovery in Azure
- Experience with Azure Active Directory
- Good knowledge around networking, deployment of virtual machines
- Any knowledge around Azure databases is hugely desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a direct impact to a business as well as gaining the opportunity to become a lead engineer.
for the business you will eventually have full autonomy and scope to define their cloud road map moving forward!
This role is currently fully remote and will stay that way for the foreseeable future; however, you should be a commutable distance from a office on the occasion that something can not be resolved remotely (Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Birmingham, Newcastle)
Click apply now or email email@example.com for more details!