Seeking senior business analyst to join the US Middle Office Services Group. In this role you will be responsible for managing and executing business enabling strategic initiatives and risk/regulatory-related mandates on behalf of the teams within the US Middle Office.
The incumbent will be expected to develop and maintain deep subject matter expertise on all middle office processes and associated technology capabilities and represent the MO on all stand alone, cross departmental and enterprise wide change initiatives. The incumbent must excel in dynamic fast-paced environments and adapt quickly to changing business needs. In this role the incumbent will be responsible for working with key stakeholders within the Middle Office, service providers /vendors and technology teams to design and implement solutions that drive strategic change throughout the organization.
Responsibilities will include a wide range of activities along the entire project lifecycle and will involve a variety of different types of projects. Typical responsibilities will include evaluating and optimizing data/process flows, technologies or operating models, requirements gathering and documentation, leading implementations, business case development, testing and testing coordination and communicating status and escalating issues as appropriate.
The ability to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision is essential for success. Candidates should be detailed oriented with strong analytical and communication skills, possess technical aptitude and the ability to liaise between business and technology teams. The ability to build relationships and collaborate with various levels across the organization in order to define and drive projects globally will key to the success in this role.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Fundamental knowledge of front, middle and back-office operations w/in investment management organizations, with a strong understanding of middle office related processes and activities (i.e. portfolio accounting, trade operations, derivatives, security reference data management including pricing/valuation, performance and attribution, client reporting)
- Experience operating in an outsourced middle office servicing environment
- Strong knowledge of a broad range of investment management products including US and global equities, fixed income and listed and OTC derivative products
- Large scale portfolio accounting system conversion and or middle office outsourcing experience
- Experience designing, developing and implementing technology supported solutions in support of investment management middle office teams
- Proven record of transforming business processes and implementing practical solutions to improve operational effectiveness, improve client service, and/or reduce risk
- Ability to assess and document business needs including systems, data, integration, workflows, output, and the economic impact of each
- Strong analytical and business skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of SQL and Jira preferred
- Demonstrated Agile and Waterfall project management experience