You will be part of one of the most important hospitals of the country(AI Center) reporting to the Chief Innovation Officer.The AI Center, a fast-paced research team at one among Italy's best institutions working in the biomedical research field, is focused in research in the field of Artificial Intelligence applied in healthcare. Research and development areas include predictive and decision-support systems based on data-driven model.
- Be an entrepreneur. We expect the candidate to be willing to start new projects, transform them in something concrete and bring them to success,
- Innovative AI-based product design,
- Explore, define and support the validation of statistical and machine learning models in order to obtain useful tools to be applied in the biomedical field,
- Create and iterate possibly scalable computational models, in order to make the theoretical findings applicable to real world data,
- Collaborate with international partners in both private industry and academia.
We are looking for motivated candidates with a strong entrepreneurial attitude who appreciate challenging tasks, objectives and are strongly oriented to both scientific excellence, high performances and human relationships.
PhD in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematical and/or Physics Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent professional experience (5+ years in the same field).
Proven previous experience in AI-based product development, preferably focused on cancer genomics.
Fluent in written and spoken English and Italian.
- Strong scripting and programming skills (e.g. Python, R, Java, C/C++, etc.),
- Strong experience with machine learning techniques and algorithms (e.g. k-NN, Naive Bayes, Support Vector Machines, Random Forests, etc.),
- Experience with data science frameworks (e.g. tensorflow, pytorch, scikit-learn, scipy, pandas, numpy) and visualization frameworks (e.g. plotly, seaborn, matplotlib),
- Product management skills and knowledge of the main software development frameworks and methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Extreme Programming, etc.),
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructures, back-end/front-end development,
- Previous working experiences on network theory, dynamical systems, stochastic processes,
- Good knowledge of the most advanced methods for imaging data analysis,
- Product portfolio (e.g. link to GitHub/GitLab or other websites),
- Business-oriented training experiences (e.g. MBA, Executive Master, etc.).
- Excellent team-working capabilities even with colleagues from different research areas and backgrounds,
- Strong self-motivation, commitment and proactive approach,
- Ability to meet deadlines and work autonomously in rapidly changing environments,
- Curiosity and ability of stepping outside your comfort zone.