The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic support and managed service team working on multi-vendor environments for a large client base
The successful candidate will have excellent analytical skills, will be encouraged to work on their own initiative as well as be an integral part of a dynamic team by contributing with:
- Managing daily operational tasks with minimal supervision
- Providing technical security support, advice and further analysis on the vendor products and technologies listed below for our customers infrastructure security needs.
- The provision of detailed and accurate guidance on the use of client products to support our customer base.
- Effectively interacting with other members of the team to provide security solutions to technical issues.
- Acting as a Trusted Advisor for some of our major customers and as a Subject Matter Expert for core vendor technologies.
- Applying an understanding of client's operations to enhance the sales process and effectively supporting client opportunities contributing to proposals and account development.
- Providing escalation and mentorship to junior colleagues and assist, as a senior member of the team, in the ongoing improvement and development of junior staff.
- Contributing to problem management by identifying trends in product failures and reoccurring incidents.
- Being responsible for the oversight of complex changes for the managed services customer's networks.
- Acting as escalation for Network Security Engineers assisting remotely and attend site to resolve if required.
- Supporting new customers on boarding.
- Participating in the on-call rota providing support to clients and colleagues 24 x 7.
A degree in Computer Science or an equivalent discipline is preferable but it is not a requirement, an applicant with a minimum of 4 years of relevant industry experience in an equivalent role will be given equal consideration.
Five to seven year's proven experience gained in a technical support or consultancy role in a corporate security support environment