Leading specialist insurer is currently recruiting for a reinsurance technician to join a high performance team going through a period of change.
- The collection of reinsurance asset through accurate calculation and issuance of recoveries, commutations and liquidation management techniques
- Effectively implement procedures for accurately calculating the reinsurance asset and issuance of reinsurance recoveries
- Achievement of individual and team objectives
- Calculation of reinsurance recoveries as required
- Assess the viability of releasing individual reinsurance recoveries
- Preparation of reinsurance billings and loss advices as required
- Record and Answer technical queries raised by reinsurers and/or brokers
- Assist with credit control to ensure timely collection of outstanding balances
- Assist with and handle commutations as required, to ensure realistic values for the commutation of the company's gross liabilities and ceded assets are achieved.
- Complete and report on projects as allocated
- Ensure effective and timely reporting as required.
- Have an awareness of the Treating Customers Fairly ("TCF") and Conduct Risk strategies
- Have an awareness of Data Protection legislation, including the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations
3 year's technical reinsurance experience
Demonstrable knowledge of international insurance markets; reinsurance recoveries; reinsurance systems & procedures; Market procedures for the settlement of Lloyds and non-Lloyds balances.
Full job spec available on request