Risk, Governance & Assurance Security Analyst - UK Remote
We are looking for an experienced Security Analyst with string background in Risk, Governance, Assurance and an appreciation of the IT / technical side of Security to join a reputable & growing business within the legal industry.
The role is remote based. The business has offices across the UK. This team works remotely across all offices, however of you would prefer to go into an office at any point you would have options from Edinburgh to Manchester to London.
This role will be responsible for providing governance & oversight of the IT security risk & control environment across the company. You will need to be able to translate IT risk requirements into technical control requirements & specifications, as well as develop metrics for ongoing performance measurements & reporting.
- Work with IT and wider business teams to assess IT & IT security risk, identifying opportunities to reduce risk as well as facilitating the remediation of identified vulnerabilities
- Provide security governance for change activity, projects etc
- Perform security assessments of third party vendors, service providers as well as collaborating with them to meet security requirements
- Consult with IT & Security teams to ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation, configuration of hardware, applications and software.
- Have a voice in recommending & coordinating the implementation of technical controls to support & enforce defined security policies.
Skills & Experience:
- You will have ideally 2+ years experience in an IT Security role focusing on Microsoft technologies
- Relevant qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA would be desirable
- An understanding around information risk concepts & principles, expedience with frameworks such as ISO 27001, CIS, ITIL, NIST, CORBIT etc
- A good understanding around networking fundamentals
- Knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles as a means of relating business needs to security controls; an excellent understanding of information security concepts, protocols, industry best practices and strategies.
- Experience in performing risk, business impact, control & vulnerability assessments
- Strong analytical skills to analyse security requirements & relate back to appropriate security controls
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a reputable business where you won't get siloed, paying up to £55k you also get a choice on how you build your benefit package to best suit your needs.
This role will continue to be mostly remote; however, you may occasionally be required to go to the office therefore you will need to be based in a commutable business from one of the following locations; Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Liverpool
Please click apply or email email@example.com