Oliver James are currently partnered with an exciting Insurance Technology business located in Zurich, Switzerland in search of an interactive, skilled Backend Software Engineer. This business is a start-up within one of Switzerland's most recognised Insurance businesses, therefore comes with great recognition and reward! More specifically, they are one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. They manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
As a Backend Engineer, you'll work as a permanent engineer in a multi-function team to shape, implement and operate our customer-facing, cloud-first platform. If you're passionate about tackling complex problems within a high-traffic distributed infrastructure by designing, implementing and testing simple, scalable and reliable solutions, then this is the job for you!
- Design and implement new features and components within our platform and develop prototypes quickly to allow an iterative approach
- Deliver high-quality code, focusing on simplicity, performance, maintainability and scalability
- End-to-end responsibility on the applications implemented, including monitoring, identifying issues or bottlenecks and delivering improvements of the platform
- Optimise applications and components to maximise speed and efficiency, ease of development of new features and the ability to scale business processes
- Create common libraries and frameworks demonstrated across the platform to streamline development of complex applications
- You will have 5+ years Software Development knowledge preferably in Java or Kotlin language. Any other modern language (, Scala, C++, C#, Go, Python …) is acceptable.
- Experience with applying domain driven design to high-traffic, service-oriented and API-first architectures and best practices around designing, scaling and monitoring concurrent systems preferably with RESTful APIs
- Ability to create code that is easy to read, test and re-use and you constantly improve quality overtime
- Great team player: you collaborate effectively with team members, express technical leadership supporting your views and ideas while keeping open to different opinions, being fearless and always supplying to the overall growth of the team
- Experience with public clouds and Amazon AWS in particular is preferred
- Experience working in Agile environment using Scrum, Kanban…
- Continuous learner who stays up-to-date with the latest trends and can vet with proper pragmatism and long term vision the adoption of new technologies
- Higher Education (ideally a Masters of PhD in Computer Science or a related field)
This is a Permanent role that offers a competitive basic salary and bonus. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org