Software Development Manager - Manchester / Home Based approx 3 days a week
We are looking for an experienced Development Team Leader looking to step into their first Development Manager role OR someone who is already a Development Manager of a small team looking to progress their career further. You will join a successful Financial Services business who are growing their Manchester presence while keeping a London base. The business is highly successful, secure and have continued to post profits and growth over the pandemic period.
You will report directly to the IT Director, one of three direct reports and will manage a team of 5-7 Developers and Testers. The role will be 50/50 hands on to management. Offices are based in central Manchester close to the train and tram lines. The business will start to return to the office later this year with a plan for technology teams to remain flexible with approx 2 days in the office.
- Manage Agile teams to deliver new software and to maintain and support past and future solutions utilising Agile software development best practices
- Oversee Agile ceremonies and work with Developers, QA's and Business Systems Analysts to clarify and refine user stories
- Collaborate with Digital Product Managers, stakeholders, other IT teams and customers in understanding business needs and specifying the development roadmap
- Plan and direct the work of the development team focusing on performance tuning, refactoring, usability, automation and continuous integration and deployment
- Serve as the solution architect for the team maintaining coding, compliance and security standards
- Participate in the technical design, development and delivery of new features and in the resolution of critical software related issues
- Review and optimise code across the full stack; front end Web UI, middle tier service layer and back-end
- Manage team resource scheduling. Monitor and assess progress according to schedule, cost estimates and guidelines.
- Coordinate the efforts of third-party and outsourced software development vendors
- Broad expertise in theoretical and practical application of software engineering best practices, methods and techniques
- Experience with Agile software development frameworks and processes
- T- shaped skill set. In depth knowledge and experience in developing software applications on a specific software platform or technology and broad knowledge of related technologies.
- Proficient in .Net, C#, HTML5, CSS, XML, Windows, IIS and SQL Server
- Strong understanding of server-side software, scalability, performance, and reliability