For a leading food processing organization in Boxmeer we are looking for a Consolidation Team Lead
About the job
The Consolidation Team Lead plays a key role in the consolidation & IFRS reporting process. You are responsible for the global consolidation of the whole group and a number of IFRS related corporate adjustments. This role leads the consolidation team (2FTE) and ensures the development of the team members.
Furthermore, you play a fundamental role in building and maintaining strong relationships with the local accounting teams all over the world to ensure global reporting is done accurately and timely.
- Responsible for monthly closing & reporting towards several internal stakeholders.
- Prepare and provide guidelines and instructions to the local operating entities in connection with the financial reporting and ensure these matters are properly followed up on as part of the month end closing.
- Perform analytical reviews at a consolidated level to gain a high-level understanding of the consolidated figures, including follow up if issues are noted.
- Consolidate all entities and produce IFRS compliant quarterly and annual financial statements as well as related documents (e.g. annual report).
- Manage the consolidation process in the corporate financial reporting system (Hyperion).
- Responsible for global accounting policies and updating the Accounting Manual.
- Follow new or changing IFRS regulatory developments on IFRS and translate these developments into accounting policies.
- Provide support and advice on accounting topics including but not limited to M&A transactions.
- Manage a team, driving functional excellence and develop team members.
Skills and Abilities
- Hands-on, do-er and pro-active, strong drive and time management towards deadlines
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance principles
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Strong communication skills, comfortable to interact with global teams and relevant finance and business stakeholders
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide others when necessary
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work in a dynamic and international environment
Education, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant area (for example Accounting, Business Economics or equivalent)
- 5-7 years of relevant working experience. Experience from a Big Four auditing company is preferred
- Up-to-date knowledge of IFRS
- Fluent in English, other languages would be an asset
- Experience with and comfort working in a multi-cultural, multi-discipline organization is an advantage