- Lead a team of reinsurance professionals across the US and abroad
- Ensure timely reporting and accurate processing of client statements (premiums, claims, reinstatement premiums, premiums adjustments, commission, brokerage, taxes, funds held, etc.) in accordance with contract terms and department procedures.
- Assist the cash unit in the daily application of cash receipts and disbursements and assist in the resolution of account/cash discrepancies through research and communication with cedents/brokers. This includes review of accounts receivable or unallocated cash to ensure timely and accurate application of cash and to monitor and collect outstanding balances due in accordance with contract terms and internal collection policy, including preparation of client account billings.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare and post entries to general ledger accounts.
- Performing and reviewing general ledger functions to assist with accounting activity and quarterly closings.
- Preparing/reviewing quarterly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts to general ledger and related analytics.
- Proactively detect, research, and resolve reconciliation items.
- Performing banking activities, such as letters of credit or collateral for specified accounts.
- Preparing various schedules and analysis required for internal and external reporting on a GAAP, Statutory and management reporting basis.
- Preparing financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, etc.
- Interacting with and assist internal and external auditors, as necessary, to complete audits.
- Maintaining knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), statutory accounting principles, and other relevant accounting processes and guidelines
- Various ad-hoc projects and global projects as required
Back to job search
21 giorni fa