The candidate will be responsible for providing high quality financial and accounting services to the company by building, and taking ownership of, accounting, financial processes and controls, financial reporting, payroll oversight, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. The candidate will partner with outside parties including the company's external accountants, banks, insurance providers and others as required.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Responsible for directing the accounting function, maintaining fiscal records, establishing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures, financial infrastructure, and preparing financial reports for the organisation in compliance with the company's reporting requirements and operating procedures.
- Manage the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process;
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of internal and external financial reports including any required monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and filings;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to develop, maintain, and strengthen internal controls;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements on a consolidated basis;
- Perform monthly analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet and P&L accounts;
- Develop and implement effective systems, accounting policies and financial controls which maintain the integrity of all financial transactions and reporting of the company. Recommend new system and/or enhancements. Experience using SAP;
- Analyses and interprets financial data and recommends changes to improve systems and financial performance;
- Manage and comply with local government reporting requirements and tax filings;
- Oversee and manage required audit activities;
- Develop and evaluate transfer policies and implement changes as required;
- Oversee and direct the execution of cash management, banking transactions and support the company's annual insurance renewal process;
- Oversee accounts payable and payroll functions including being able to step in to directly cover those functions as needed;
- Ensure the Company maintains regulatory and country-specific international standards compliance;
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships with key counterparts and all functional business leaders.