Lloyd's Europe, Brussels
The European risk landscape is changing, and Lloyd's Europe meets a growing demand for specialist insurance products. It provides our partners within the European Economic Area with access to expert underwriters licensed to provide tailored insurance and reinsurance solutions for a variety of non-life risks including Liability, Property, MAT, Cyber and Political and Credit insurance. Lloyd's Europe benefits from the market's financial strength through the Central Fund and has the same financial ratings as Lloyd's, AM Best (A "excellent"), Standard & Poor's (A+ "strong") and Fitch (AA- "very strong"). The company is authorised and regulated by the National Bank of Belgium and capitalised under Solvency II rules. As our world is reshaped by economic, environmental, geopolitical and technological shifts, the breadth, depth and responsiveness of the Lloyd's market gives Lloyd's Europe customers the confidence to move forward.
Lloyd's Europe is seeking to expand the business with a risk associate who will execute Lloyd's Europe's risk management framework, responsible for ensuring the business' (including its branch offices in 19 countries) operates according to its risk management systems and in line with risk appetite by monitoring risk exposures and by assessing adherence to LIC policies.
The risk associate is expected to contribute to an open and transparent culture of compliance risk management and demonstrate a strong awareness of the risks that should be managed within the responsibilities of the role. Additionally, to deliver responsibilities in line with all relevant risk appetites, policies, reporting and when applicable, input to reviews and projects as required.
Responsibilities of the risk associate
- Support the development, delivery and implementation of the Company's risk management framework to monitor and measure risk within the Company, and to ensure risk appetite and policies are appropriate.
- Undertake risk management reviews to assess whether Company policies have been appropriately implemented in the 31 countries where Lloyd's Europe does business and whether risks are managed in line with risk appetite.
- Support the definition of the risk profile and the monitoring of risk exposures for financial and non-financial risks.
- Undertake maintenance of the ORSA, risk management policies, risk appetite framework, and other key risk management framework documentation including the policy life-cycle process.
- Support the compilation, assessment and reporting of risk information to the CRCO, identifying significant risk management issues.
- Support the compilation of an annual risk plan and the performance of detailed reviews of key risks.
- Support the review of the Company's Memorandum of Governance, contributing sections as appropriate.
- Support the embedding of the risk management system throughout the organisation and promote good risk culture through training, communication and promotion of good practice.
- Undertake development/coaching to acquire the necessary skills for current role, to support business needs and to fulfil career potential.
- Ability to manage high volume workloads and produce workable solutions that meets the immediate demands of the situation(s)
- Ability to engage, communicate and influence at all levels - internally, externally and globally, and build trusted relationships in the business areas which the role supports
- Proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and achieving high professional standards in specialist area
- An ability to work accurately with minimal supervision and make administrative decisions based on a broad understanding of relevant policies and procedures and of operational requirements
- Fluency in both written and spoken English required. Any other European language is considered as an asset
- Knowledge of Solvency II regulatory environment, regimes and requirements
- Insurance market knowledge including Lloyd's, London Market & International Markets and other financial services markets
- Knowledge of financial and business processes in the insurance industry
- Knowledge of corporate governance principles and structures
The right fit
- Has experience of working in the Financial Services regulatory environment in a role that involved ensuring compliance with Belgian or EU regulatory requirements relevant to the role
- Has good market awareness and industry knowledge
- Is an analytical, strategic thinker, with good reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Is a confident and clear communicator
- Has well developed management and organisational skills, able to work with teams across multiple business areas